Monday, June 18, 2007

New York in a Bullet List


The Colleague and I headed to the Right Coast for some sort of marriage ceremony in Baltimore (our toast to the bride and groom: "Just because our marriages didn't work doesn't mean yours won't! Cheers!) and then headed to NYC for some actual Right Coast action...

Highlights
•3 hour delay in Denver? Are you kidding me? Nothing like watching The Colleague argue with the taco dude over free guacamole...
•FPP back in the states. Scary.
•The Dragan? Getting reunited with this man can't go well. We'll see.
•The Wedding? Let's just say this: I don't drink white wine. But it was all that was available, and I had several glasses.
•Amtrak. You know what is good? Standing room only from Baltimore to NYC. Way to go Amtrak! I want my money back. And don't forget to give me back my black tee-shirt.
•New York Tourist Checklist: Bar fight? Check. Police action? Check. Dead Rat? Check. Live rats? Check. Long Island Princesses? Check. Central Park? Check. Subway "entertainment"? Check. Downtown Downpour? Check. Surly Bellhop? Check.
•Time on Long Island with Al Bangorhard and the Bangorhard family? Awesome. Thanks Al and Mrs. Al!
•Central Park Running Loop? 6 miles at 8:10 per. Nice run, Al. And those ain't hills, brother.
•Somewhere on the Upper West Side, The Colleague lost her voice over a plate of kick ass sushi. If anyone finds it, send it to us back on the Left Coast.
•Somewhere on the Right Coast, GVB lost control over his spine. Seriously. Where did I sleep after that wedding? My back is still killing me.
•Home. Now all we have to deal with is the backlash from our co-workers who don't have lives...How DARE we travel. Dear Co-Workers: Fuck off.


Next? Cap'n Ron and I are headed to Boise. No, that isn't in France, Ex-Mr Colleague. One free copy of Gravity's Rainbow to the first person to correctly guess why we are going to Idaho...

Also? June 25th marks the first day of summer cruising season. First stop? Port Townsend. Forecast? 80 degrees and windy. See you out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... let me guess:
does it involve two wheels and an engine?

Anonymous said...

To visit Jake and drink mickey's 40's.
d

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.