Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Day After


Buyer's remorse? Naah. Hangover? Naah. A little sleepy from being up all night on IM. Who invented IM? It seems to have caught on...

Anyway, a lot to get to today, so let's get started.

Al is Back!

The hearty young Jewish athlete from Long Island is mixing it up. He's no longer just bi. He's tri. Cool. Running and cycling I can buy into. The swimming would kill me. Just more proof that Al is a better man than I. Welcome back, Al.

Dude, Where's My Car?

Slept in this morning (see above "up all night on IM comment"). Overnight the A3 turned into a green Toyota minivan. Hmmm. Mrs. GVB with my car? I hope she doesn't see the trip odometer from yesterday...I might have driven 230 miles on my 50 mile round trip to work. Woops. Speaking of driving...I haven't had a speeding ticket since I was 16...

This is The Way We Do it on the Rez

One of my detours took me through the winding two lane roads of the Tulalip Rez on the way home last night. The Audi owner's manual specifically says that I shouldn't redline the car or run it above 130 mph until it is broken in at roughly 1000 miles. I obeyed that rule...

SCENE ONE
Tribal Cop: "New car?"
GVB: "Yeah. Just got it."
TC: "Nice. You hit 97 there."
GVB: "Really? Sorry about that." (97? Is that all?)
TC: "You live on the Rez?"
GVB: "Not anymore. Just moved north to Stanwood."
TC: "Ah. You tribal? 'Cause if you're tribal I can let you go. So, you're tribal, right? If not I have to call the sheriff, you know. I can't arrest you for dangerous driving. And they don't like coming out here. If it's tribal, we just deal with it ourselves, you know?"
GVB: "So you're saying I'm tribal?"
TC: "This is what I'm saying."
GVB: "Totally tribal, enit?"
TC: "Take it easy, 'cousin'"

Vacant

Went by the former Casa GVB to check the mail and put the last garbage out on the curb. Opened the mailbox to find this: THIS RESIDENCE IS VACANT. On the back it says, "VANDALS AND UNDERAGE DRINKERS, PLEASE BREAK IN AND TRASH THE JOINT."

Kudos

Congrats to NPAW who is officially done with her servitude at the University of Washington. Let's all join in and kick her ass to study for the GRE!

Seriously, NPAW, the GRE. Now.

A House is not a Home

The New Casa GVB is completely framed and they started the roofing today. Pictures soon. Ish.

No comments: