Saturday, June 03, 2006

Milestones, Money, and the Russian Mafia


For Sale: Shit We Don't Want
Who knew the Russian Mafia shopped at garage sales? In a last ditch effort to not have to pack all of the shit we have accrued over the years, we stooped to the suburban standby and held a garage sale.

Actually, because the 5 year old insisted that we had already sold the garage with the house, we had to call it a moving sale.

And actually, because I mostly gave everything away, it was more a dodge of having to drive to Goodwill this week with all this crap.

The Russian Mafia arrived around noon with no English and 50 dollars. They left with an old mountain bike and some Rollerblades. Watch yourselves out there.

We made enough at the crap sale to buy three bottles of really good scotch.

Move Update
Most of the house is packed. I left out a bottle opener, two pair of underwear (not mine), the Playstation, and a toothbrush. The kids are now sleeping on the floor and have only one complete change of clothes between them, so we flip coins each morning to see who gets to wear the bottoms, who gets to wear the tops. Interestingly, this is a game Mrs. GVB and I play also.

We'll be out of here next weekend. Weeee.

It's Been 6 Good Years. But Go Away Now.
Truckasaurus is no longer a part of the immediate family. Sad but true. Dad In Law paid me just over Blue Book for it. So now I have the cash AND access to the truck, which I actually use as a truck about three times a year. Cap'n, apologize to Casey for me.

Others who might be sad. Sorry. But I'll make it up to you.

And selling Truckasaurus will cause some other things to happen here soon. Stay tuned.

It's Been a Good 2 Months. Please Don't Leave.
The Fuji turned over 500 miles today on a 38 mile trek from Casa GVB Current to Casa GVB Future and back. I marked the occasion with some Gu and a swig of plastic tainted water from the Camelback.

The ride totals:
38 miles
1 hour 54 minutes
1 coyote (alive and stalking me from the brush)
1 coyote (dead with a single wheel track through it)
1 bee in my helmet. Weeeee.
3 bugs in my teeth.
13 sunburned rednecks jumping off the railroad bridge into the Stillaguamish River.
4 dogs chasing me past the Stanwood Fairgrounds
2 Stanwood preteens making out at the elementary school
2 stories currently framed on Casa GVB Future
1 pizza consumed entirely by me after my ride.

That's all I know. Except this: Take it from me, when in doubt, use Body Glide. Seriously.

No comments: