Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Week(s) in Rock

Yeah, yeah, I’ve been gone for a while. Time to catch up.

Gravity, Stay the Hell Away from Me

Cap’n Ron and I made the trek south to the high desert for our annual geology and physics conference. Like Al Bangorhard, it seems like I have been sick all damn year. I can’t seem to shake this damn chest cold. The best I’ve felt was when I was on my rigorous RX of:

Joshua Tree Air + Joshua Tree Rock + Climbing Chalk Dust + Several cases of Corona + good Scotch + The Colleague.

Yep. Good times. Lots of nice climbs, but mostly just chillin’ in the desert. Tried one run and quickly remembered that we were at altitude AND massively hung over and dehydrated. Details here. http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2094720 .Check out the satellite image of the run. It is prettier from the ground, I swear.


Drive Data:
Seattle to Joshua Tree: 22 hours straight through.
Joshua Tree to Reno: 12 hours.
Reno to Seattle: 12 hours.

Now that we’re back in the Emerald City, the cold is back. I think I have the plague. Still trying to train, but I keep spilling my beer.

Don’t I Know You from Somewhere? Oh, That’s Right, My Youth

Weird moment of this weekend: Standing at a housewarming party with The Colleague talking to “Lead Singer of The Biggest Alternative Band to Come From Seattle Whose Lead Singer Didn’t Swallow a Shotgun” about literature. His latest favorite read is Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, by the way. Oh, and apparently there is a movie version coming out this summer. I’m just pissed that we forgot to ask him for a hookup for tickets to Kokua Festival. Damn.

Touch It
A Sunday night concert at the Showbox by The Presidents of the United States of America? Ok. Meow, meow, meow.

No comments: