Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Death By Training


Run
Did a nice 8.5 mile run today in the early moments of whatever storm is about to knock our power out for the 30th time this winter...

The first 4 miles? Uphill, upwind. Slow.

The last 4? Downhill, downwind. Still slow.

I suck.

Ah, but to return to find that The Colleague had restocked the Winterhook? That makes it all worthwhile.

Birthday
In other news, the oldest GVB offspring turned 6 today. Cupcakes for everyone. 6 years ago tonight? I'd rather not talk about the terror of THAT evening...

Happy Birthday Little Girl. Now stop growing up. I don't relish what I imagine your teen years to look like.

Point Click SHIT!!!
Have I mentioned that Cap'n Ron "accidentally" signed up for the Vancouver Marathon? Right...

Net result is that he is training like a madman. Look out.

3 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

Happy Birthday to you...!!!! Kisses and hugs and all that to the little Ms. And I know exactly that fear. Exactly. J will turn 5 soon...eeek!

Is GVB running the full in Vancouver? Just do it!!! Give the Bicoastal Boys some love, eh?

GVB said...

Doing the Vancouver Marathon. All 26.2 miles of it.

I thought you were coming out to join us on the left coast?

Hugh G. Balls said...

Going to Disney World and spending stupid cash so my kids can see that fucking rat instead.