Thursday, September 27, 2007

Paolo, Dr. Hilarious, Students, and Al's Leg

Paolo Nutini

Months ago The Colleague and I got tickets to see Amy Winehouse and Paolo Nutini at the Paramount on September 25th. Then Winehouse had to go all Rehab on us and cancel the tour. Seriously though, she's getting her act together.

Truth be told, we weren't interested in Winehouse anyway. It was Paolo we were after.

Then, in a bit of web surfing delight, I noticed that Paolo kept his concert date, moved to the headliner spot, and moved the show to The Moore. Yee Haw!

I'll say this much: Paolo can sing. His voice is amazing, and he writes some damn good songs. But dude has no stage presence and it only gets worse when he is HAMMERED on stage. He and Winehouse would have made an excellent duo. Here's Paolo covering Winehouse's "Rehab". Appropriate...

Dr. Hilarious
In other news, I finally broke down and went to see Dr. Hilarious about my tweaked calf muscle. It has been healing, I think, but it still worries me to race on it next week.

Dr. Hilarious: What the FUCK are you doing here?
GVB: Errr. It's running related.
Dr. H: Of course it is.
GVB: So...I have this marathon coming up.
Dr. H: Of course. Why wouldn't you?
GVB: What should I do?
Dr. H: Stretch, hydrate, and run like hell.
GVB: Oh. Ok.

Totally worth the co-pay.

Students
Back to school, back to reality. This was in my email this morning:

yo G i have some quests bout the essay so were basically supposed to describe how sports is a lil world in our society or that sports is its own lil world and then after describe how it affects our culture and everything that goes round in sports for example like racism, cheatin n etc right?


Dear Student. Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Al's Leg
Al B is pondering some racing and other idiocy in the face of an injury. Let's all join in and tell all to settle down with a nice bottle of scotch and chill of a couple of weeks. At his advanced age, one more injury could be curtains.

4 comments:

Andy said...

Tell the student to complete their ESL classes before enrolling in a composition course.

Moveitfred said...

Dude: I think I had Nutini on Wonder with banana and honey last week. Good stuff. Leg's getting better, Holmes.

Anonymous said...

What? You haven't posted about the Portland Marathon yet? What's the delay?

Anonymous said...

Ditto CAG! I wanna see your GPS tracks dude, especially mile 2 and, what 17-18? ;-)