Sunday, August 27, 2006

Faces


Two images of yourself you never need to see:

Your "O" face,

and

Your breathing face while swimming.

They're surprisingly similar.

Hot day today, so I went inside, of course. Did 1000 yards freestyle followed by 1000 yards with the pull buoy. Finished off with 100 yards of kicking, some sauna time, and a late lunch by the water where the 'Hood is supposed to be. Sniffle.

BUT, if all goes well, the 'Hood will be home on Monday night, complete with new batteries, a new charger, new AC wiring, new engine mounts, a new prop, and a new dripless shaft seal. All for free. I'm sure of it. Cap'n Ron will join me for the trip south. No beer will be consumed. Weather report? Weird. So we are on the official "fuck it" plan. Head south and expect everything. I have the reef lines set...

In other unrelated news...I think I just hired CAG? Am I old and lame enough that my former students are teaching for me now? Time to retire. Cap'n, I need a high paying job with summers off. Hook me up.

In further unrelated news: Am I really on the hook for a golf outing in Portland this week? Yikes. I've played exactly one round of golf in the last year. Should be interesting. Let's keep those stakes low boys. The good news here is that Portland means Ralph time. Dinner and drinks? You betcha!

And a note for the men at my gym. Two words: hair management. Sheesh. It isn't a crime to trim that shit once in a while.

More soon after the 'Hood is home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you hired CAG? That's just plain damn cool. But you can't retire for hiring a former student that much older than you are, despite her relative youth in the whole teaching gig. (insert giggle here).

I've managed to not play a single round of golf since the spring, owed largely to moving, but sad all the same because I was really starting to have a decent game, and I wonder now what will be true when I hit the links near here in the valley.

I used to swim the 1000 free competitvely. I never was all that fast, so the short stuff was never for me. The 400 IM, the 1000 free - that stuff I could do. Never fast. Never best. Never embarrassed my team.
That last part being the one that was important to me.

I hope you get the 'Hood back in time to enjoy the best weather of the year.

Anonymous said...

wait - no beer will be consumed? so that means y'all are sticking to martinis or something?

No beer?

GVB said...

Paperwork to be file, but yes. CAG will be teaching online this fall. Gay Jesus save us all...

GVB said...

I've never made that sail faster, that's for sure.