Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Portland? How Do I Keep Ending Up Here?


Math Dude and I made our way south to Portland for some lame ass work-related meeting. But the meeting isn't until Wednesday so we spent the day on the links, playing a Skins match for dinner. The final scores are as follows:

-GVB 92, Math Dude 99
-GVB 3 lost Calloway Golf Balls ($14)
-Skins Match: GVB 10, Math Dude 8

I am happy to say that I won the Skins Match on a 10 foot birdie putt after a perfect 8 Iron to an island green. Math Dude even made it interesting by chipping in for his par before I lined up my putt.

Dinner at some dive steak house (I had the tomato linguine and some martini). Then some truly tragic trailer park action at Hooters. Yup. There's a Hooters across the street from the hotel. So sad...

More golf tomorrow.

Still no word on the 'Hood. I hope they don't sink her.

1 comment:

GVB said...

This is why I am retiring from golf.