Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Playing Catch Up


Hey look, I have a blog. Last you heard we were at Rosario with a broken boat and some happy kids. A lot has happened. Let's catch up.

Heading away from Rosario:

The plan was to go to Blind Bay for a night and then on to South Pender Island in the Canadian Gulf Islands. Several forces (the least of which was a very unhappy diesel engine) found us turning east instead of west. The 'Hood is now on the hard in Anacortes, in the capable hands of Marine Service Center. New engine mounts, new hoses, a new propeller, new propeller shaft seal, new AC wiring, etc. etc. etc.

We should have her back this week. Collective finger crossing, everyone.

Beach House:

A little boatless vacation on Hood Canal. Beach, sun, sand, seafood...Logged a nice run today. You can see it here.

I've given up the playlists. I'm letting go and letting Shuffle Play dictate my world. So far, so good. The trick to Shuffle Play is to not be too quick to delete songs from the iPod. There are some gems in the back of some of these albums. Here is what the Patron Saint of Shuffle Play served me today:

Too Much Food – Jason Mraz
Since I Seen’t You – Anthony Hamilton
Stay With You – John Legend
You Had Me – Joss Stone
Break Down – Tom Petty and the Heatbreakers
Runnin’ With the Devil – Van Halen
Less is More – Joss Stone
Morning Yearning – Ben Harper
She Don’t Have to Know – John Legend
Road Buddy – Dar Williams
Spectrum – Animal Liberation Orchestra
Engraved Invitation – Ben Harper
Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel
Yes I’m Ready – Barbara mason
Fooled Around and Fell in Love – Elvin Bishop


All great songs. "Engraved Invitation" is a great running song when the fuel starts getting low. And I can't get enough Joss Stone these days. It's like my Nano knows me. Creepy.

A short fast run in the morning to keep things loose and then it's back to the city-side of the water. Rumor is that I am expected at work on Thursday. What?! Can't The Colleague take care of all of this shit? Oh. She has been? My bad.

Oh, and the move-in date for New Casa GVB is set for September 29. Warm up your backs, everyone. Once everything is in the house, all the beer you can drink. Except you, Cap'n. I can't afford that much beer.

P.S. Vegas, Baby!!! Stay tuned.

2 comments:

GVB said...

Truth be told, that equation is never hard to create. Beer and Cap'n Ron are often found in the same place at the same time. And free? Come on, NPAW. When was the last time you paid for anything when we were around?

GVB said...

To be fair, Cap'n, I've been on Allegro when we ran out of beer and started in on the cough syrup and kerosene...so I don't think cheap beer is enough of a deterent.

By the way, your girlfriend/waitress at Woodfire asked where you were tonight. Hmmm.