Thursday, May 04, 2006

Mutiny!



Skipper Krumm has pulled the plug. His captain's credentials are under review by the committee. The crew is eyeing the helm and the captain's cabin; they are stockpiling weapons in preparation for a mutiny.

There is another ship in the distance that looks promising.

Cap'n Ron and GVB are abandoning ship. We WILL sail around that island, but not on Dent de Lion. Blade Runner, a SunFast 37, will be our ride. I've raced on her before, and she is a hot damn boat. Much fun. And still has that "new boat" smell, complete with cancer-causing off-gassing of epoxy and fiberglass laminates.

I'm not sure how I will react to racing on a boat that was built in this century, but I KNOW I'll be able to deal with that cozy berth instead of sleeping draped over the cockpit winches on the Lion.

No comments: