Thursday, July 20, 2006

I'm So Hot, Baby

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS UPGRADED THE HEAT
WATCH TO AN EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM
FRIDAY TO 11 PM PDT SATURDAY. AN AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY HAS ALSO
BEEN ISSUED. THIS AIR STAGNATION ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FROM 12 PM
FRIDAY TO 11 PM PDT SATURDAY.


Nice. This is what we need. Stale air and heat. And of course I have a long run planned for Friday and a decent ride with Cap'n Ron on Saturday. Go early and avoid the heat, I say.

Logged some pool time this morning. Did a 500 before cashing it in and hitting the steam room.

Oh, and by the way, I don't really like hot weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep it is hot!

I did a track workout last night (4X1000 @ 4:26) that left me overheated and dripping for quite some time after. This morning Jessica and ran from home around Magnuson and back—she got to swim to her little doggie heart's content. Sat in a tub full of cold water in an attempt to cool my legs and bring my core temp down but ended up just heating the water. Tomorrow, in the midst of all this dead air, it is Rattlesnake to McClellan Butte.

But then again, I don't really mind the hot weather especially if I have my hot coffee. What confuses me is your dislike of such weather coupled with a steam room session.

-R

GVB said...

A steam after a hard workout feels great. The gym is cooled to about 70 degrees and the pool is about 5 degrees too cold. Plus, there's nothing more attractive than 60 year old out of shape naked men in a steam. Ack.

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»