Tuesday, July 11, 2006

They Still Play Baseball?


Got a call from Mom GVB today who is, apparently, in Pittsburgh for the MLB All-Star Game? Pittsburgh? All Star? What? I guess when your neighbor is married to Jason Bay, you get invited to these things. Jason Bay? How can a kid from Trail, British Columbia, who went to Gonzaga, become an All Star? The mind reels.

Aside from Al B, who can't seem to get over his love affair with the Metropolitans, does anyone really care about baseball? Just curious. Not that there is anything wrong with baseball, but I just never hear anything about it anymore. Could it be the mind-numbingly long season? Could it be dickheads like Barry Bonds? Or am I just becoming a lonely cynic here in the baseball deficient Pacific Northwest?

I've officially started working out again. The new gym in the new town where our new house is still unfinished has a triathalon training group, so I am hooking up with them for the indoor work on the weights and in the pool. The swimming will get me. I sink.

Today I am going to do a solo ride to LaConner (50 miles). Wednesday a short run day. Thursday on the weights. I'm in danger of getting in shape if I stick with any part of this.

No comments: