Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Could Need New Toys...and Music...and Leadership


Early reports from Cap'n Ron are that the new Garmin Forerunner 305 is a winner for us techno gadget freak types. Do I really need another wrist-mounted pace/time/distance/location/heart rate device? Hell yes I do.

I'll wait for more full reports from the Cap'n before busting into my Blackjack and Craps fund. Stay tuned.

The playlist for yesterday's 4 miler:

"I Must Be High" Wilco
"Fireplace" REM
"She Gives me Love" The Godfathers
"You Got Me" The Roots and Erykah Badu*
"Santa Monica" Everclear
"The Long Cut" Uncle Tupelo
"Barely Breathing" Duncan Sheik
"Reach the Rock" Havana 3AM
"Can't you Hear Me Knocking" Rolling Stones
"Right Hand Man" Joan Osborne
"Honor and Harmony" G Love and Special Sauce
"Pretty Pink Ribbon" Cake



In other news, all the wrong people seem to be quitting the White House. Why can't the people who are actually doing the damage step aside? McClellan is a complete tool, but all he is doing is reading from a bad, bad script.

3 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

I'm telling you, if you get one of those fucking things that go beep beep beep every time you stride, I'm coming to the NW and kicking your ass. Furthermore, hit CLEAR immediately on the Duncan Sheik. Are you kidding?! I wish that fuck was barely breathing. He makes Leif Garrettlook talented.

GVB said...

Hey Al, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

I don't, and never have, and never will, run with a cadence meter. I have perfect rhythm, thanks to my northern European Anglo roots.

And seriously, Duncan Sheik can sing. You just need to get a little closer to your Broadway-loving gay self.

But just to be clear, that's a "No" on Duncan Shiek for you? I'll make a note of it.

Hugh G. Balls said...

Here's another dude who can sing: http://www.bluedesert.dk/peterallen.html. And he is not quite as queer as Duncan Sheik.