Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What Are You Running Away From?


Happy birthday to me. Yup. Keep the cards with large demonimations comin'.

One year closer to death. Still younger than Al B. Hell, still younger than all y'all. Which makes getting my ass kicked by RPD that much more humbling.

Running like hell away from middle age.

Got a great early birthday gift yesterday, the details of which you can read in next month's Penthouse Letters

I never thought this would happen to me, but...

For my next birthday gift it looks increasingly like I am getting a new house. I'm going to need a helicopter to get to work pretty soon. And a CanPass to get over the border. Actually, tonight is a long childless dinner with Mrs. GVB at our fave Asian joint. How much wasabi can a man ingest in one week? I'm about to find out.

There might be martinis involved. But damn it, I earned 'em...

This morning I slept in as long as the toddler chaos would allow and then set off for a 6 mile run. It's my fucking birthday, man. I'm going all out.

And I did. Perfect day. Sunny and cool, not a breath of wind, and not a soul anywhere on the trail (I am starting get hooked on running the Centennial Trail. It's well marked, wooded, and peaceful, with very few crossings or choke points to worry about.)

So after a half mile jog (to the first mile marker) I kicked in.

6 miles on the button. 49:37. 8:16 overall. This is fast as hell for me. Must be the haircut.

Since my goal for SunRun is 8:40 miles, I am feeling decent about the race.

BodyGlide is performing nicely. Thanks for asking.

2 comments:

GVB said...

Names have been changed to protect the naked.

The streaming video will be availabe at iTunes any day now.

GVB said...

NPAW, you can owe me lunch later in the week. Somewhere with waitresses in black t shirts.