Friday, April 28, 2006

It's a Rough Friday


I had a long slow run planned for today, but my "First Friday Off in Weeks" self got the better of me. So, after rounding the kids up into Mrs. GVB's schoolyard shuttle, I took Denis Johnson back to bed with me. (I'm reading "SEEK" a fantastic book of essays. Look it up.)

I slept in so long I missed my window for the run. Damn. I guess I just lounge here a little longer before meeting Skipper Krumm and Cap'n Ron for a "Business Lunch" at the Butt. The Cap'n and I can argue over who gets to write off the expense. It's a consulting gig for me, but it's a business planning meeting for him. For the Skipper? Just a free lunch with beer.

Tomorrow, though, I have been given a hallpass from the horror of the opening day of fishing season (Mrs. GVB's parents live on a small trout lake near here, and the kids go there to "fish" every April.) I hate fishing, and I'm not a real fan of the bacon and egg breakfast either. Sorry, Mom In Law. So Mrs. GVB said the magic words: "Why don't you do something on your own in the morning."

God Damn Right.

Cap'n Ron and I will head out east on a long bike ride, so I'm not feeling too bad about my run being postponed until Sunday.

The new family buying Casa GVB sold their home today, so we're done with the whole transaction. Homelessness date has been pushed up to May 31. Start packing. RPD has offered to move the heavy stuff. CAG apparently is planning to pack my underwear for me. I'll be on a bike ride. Have fun.

Oh, and I know it makes me a pop culture geek, but did you see American Idol this week? One pair of used 1993 Five Ten Hueco climbing shoes (size 9) to the person who guesses which song from Tuesday is my new favorite.

3 comments:

GVB said...

NPAW,

Enjoy your nasty smelly shoes.

They've been to the summits of several mountains, and have suffered the horror of several desert weekends full of foot sweat and general abuse.

Yes, what a song. Oh my god, that Jew can sing.

Hugh G. Balls said...

you bag of shit

GVB said...

Is that a compliment?