Friday, April 21, 2006

This One is For Al Bangorhard


Franco makes history as Mets roll on

By BERNIE WILSON

AP Sports Writer

SAN DIEGO — The New York Mets must have known what they were doing when they signed Julio Franco to a two-year contract. Franco, 47, became the oldest player in major league history to hit a home run when he connected for a two-run, pinch-hit shot in the eighth inning Thursday night to help the New York Mets rally for a 7-2 win over the San Diego Padres.


Ok ok. This has been a pretty impressive April for the normally hapless and pathetic Mets. But Orange and Blue? Really? You mean those aren't the throw-back colors? They wear that shit every day? Tragic.

Still, won't this make August even MORE fun when the Braves are 5 games up and Pedro Martinez is throwing at batters' heads again?

Raining here like it is Seattle or something. Woke up early with designs on a light jog, but I didn't feel like fighting the two-by-two marching animals on their way down Noah's Shipyard. I might do something this evening.

Sun Run is looking like it will actually have sun. Forecast for clear skies and mid-60s this weekend. This, coupled with the Mets great start, are two of the signs of the apocalypse. There are others, please contact my 900 number for details. 99 cents for the first minute, $3.99 for each additional minute. Over 18 only please.

The only real questions now:

Will Cap'n Ron's warrants from his street brawling days in Texaas keep him from crossing the border?

Will Cap'n Ron really get permission to drive the Admiral's new Audi to Canada?

How many beers with Cap'n Ron and I talk ourselves into drinking the night before the race in the spirit of "carb loading and hydrating"? (beer neither helps load carbs nor hydrates, by the way).

3 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

Whoa. Quit rippin' on the orange and blue!

I'm so wiped out today from staying up to watch that game. When Franco hit that ball, I was starting to REM. Luckily, Keith Hernandez made enough noise to wake me.

Anonymous said...

you gotta problem with orange and blue? huh? do ya?

orange and blue rock baby...

GVB said...

Orange I love. I'm wearing an orange G string right now. Blue I love. My favorite piece of Al's lingerie is blue (you know, Al, that lace number with the push-up?).

Just not together.

Cap'n, good news on the warrants. I may not be so lucky. We'll see. Also good news on the Audi. I'm a real good driver.

CAG. See above.