Sunday, April 16, 2006

Something About Jesus


Happy Re-Birthday, Jesus. I bought you some plastic pastel eggs and filled them with spare change and jelly beans. I hope you like them.

Got up early-ish to meet the good Cap'n for a run before the In Law Family Meat Fest began. Even if I ate meat, the sight of a 22 pound ham on the kitchen counter would be too much for me to handle. Yargh. Looked even better after it sat there and cooled down for a couple of hours. Thank god for the fruit tray and the relative who works at a bakery. Bagels anyone? It turns out it is possible to eat well, even when all evidence in front of you suggests the opposite.

Now I am starving, mind you, but there is a bag of Ruffle's at home. I'll survive.

The Cap'n and I did a nice 5.5 mile loop through the semi-affluent neighborhood above the marina in Everett. Nice and easy, 9:45 or so. Felt great to get out, even if it was cold and I was missing the chance to see Jesus rise from the dead and strike me down for my earthly transgressions.

Sun Run is next weekend. Still trying to decide on a good goal pace. Anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd have missed Jesus anyway. He actually rose on Saturday afternoon (on our calendar, anyway).

You don't eat meat? Does that make you a vegetarian? or something more modified?

For a funny look at Easter traditions, you should check out this website: http://asteroid.divnull.com/?p=70

anything worth doing is worth doing with power tools...

GVB said...

Damn. I always miss Jesus.

I look for him in all the right places, too: the bottom of a scotch bottle, the bedrooms of practicing catholics, Natalie Merchant's eyes...

No land meat. No land meat. Ocean meat and occasional air meat are fine. Love ocean meat. You knew this.

Anonymous said...

Did I? How sad, to have forgotten such a thing.

I knew you found religion in Natalie Merchant's eyes...never saw those eyes, but understood melting in her voice. I'm surprised you don't fall for Sarah. so many others do.

at least you don't look for him in church. That's the mistake most practicing Christians/Catholics, etc. make.

I haven't listened to Natalie in years. But somehow in just thinking about that album I feel twilight, smell spice, and taste honey wine...how odd is that?

GVB said...

I once met Jesus. In Lahaina. He was sleeping under one of those cheap ABC store beach mats with a bottle of Old Crow half empty (half full?) on the sand next to him.

He told me I should surf that day. He was right. The devine hand.

GVB said...

Oh, and by the way, turn on "Tigerlilly" and open a bottle of wine. You'll understand.

Anonymous said...

Tigerlily is the album I was thinking of....