Sunday, April 02, 2006

What's Your Heart Rate, Baby?

My wife worries about my heart. Rate. She must. Because as I was leaving this morning for a "short" bike ride with Cap'n Ron, she sprung a brand new Polar F6 heart rate monitor on me. Cool beans. I think I'll wear it to bed.

The Cap'n and I took off from Everett Marina for a casual Sunday bike ride.

"30 miles seems about good, Ron. I need to be home in a couple of hours."

42 miles later we were back. I was late. Oh well.

Great ride. East from Everett, across the Snohomish delta, into the nasty kitsch capital of Snohomish, south east out to Monroe, and back to Everett. The pertinant data are as follows:

42 miles, 16.1 MPH average, max speed 31 MPH.

My cool ass new Polar HRM says:

Average HR: 158

Max HR: 182

Other variables:

Dead Skunks: 1

Dead Snakes: 3 (I only killed one of them)

Rednecks in F150s: Countless

Times GVB mis-shifted on a climb: Countless

Hills that totally kicked GVBs Ass: 1

Amount of preparation GVB has done for Monday's classes: zip.

That is all.

1 comment:

GVB said...

Oh. Right. The wind. That's why I was on your back wheel the whole damn time. "Just pull me in your wake, man!"