Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Actual Training?


Did my 3 mile easy day this morning. I can't run as slow as I am supposed to. 11 minutes feels like walking. But it was a nice, relaxing, foggy morning here. Followed up with a long stretching session. Turns out you're supposed to stretch. Who knew?

Slated for a long day tomorrow. 9 miles. Haven't scoped out a route yet.

This whole training schedule thing is odd. I'm not used to doing what people tell me to do.

In other news, rumor is that RPD has gone off the deep end and is studying biometrics, doing yoga, and drinking green tea. Rumors as yet unconfirmed.

In further other news, I have had my Saturday hijacked for a date with Mrs. GVB to see a Broadway show at the Paramount. And it ain't Avenue Q...Oh well.

In possible later news, the headsails are going back down to the boat tomorrow. Could actual sailing be far behind?

Today's Statistically Improbable Parenting Phrase: Son, you have to have a diaper on if you want to wear your Tinkerbell dress.

It's still technically possible that he's straight, but not probable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is true. I have been doing some Yoga but efore you impugn my sanity know that it helps with the whole tight hamstring issue (you just wait until you experience those, he sayeth grumpily).
So, are you going to run 9 tomorrow even if you don't feel like it?

GVB said...

I still think you're insane. Or brilliant. Hard to say.

I'm doing the 9 tomorrow no matter what. I've been home alone with the kids long enough this week that I need the downtime. Load up the iPod and I'm off. Need to work up a playlist, actually...

Hugh G. Balls said...

Fuck you. I'm wearing a Tinkerbell dress, and I'm straight! And who told you to do 11 minute miles was running?
{ Main Entry: walk
Pronunciation: 'wok
Function: verb
Etymology: partly from Middle English walken (past welk, pp. walken), from Old English wealcan to roll, toss, journey about (past weolc, pp. wealcen) and partly from Middle English walkien (past walked, past participle walked), from Old English wealcian to roll up, muffle up; akin to Middle Dutch walken to knead, press, full
intransitive senses 2 a : to move along on foot : advance by steps b : to come or go easily or readily c : to go on foot for exercise or pleasure d : to go at a walk.}

GVB said...

Oh yeah. You're straight. That wasn't even a good joke in the 90s. We knew better.

It's called training, ass. Fast days, slow days, long days, short days.

We can't all fabricate fictional half marathon times as well as you. Some of us actually have to do the miles.

NPAW emailed me to ask you the fuck you think you are. Wanna take that one on? Or should I just send her to the adult video store?