Friday, March 24, 2006

The Greater of Two Evils


I get a charge out of watching punks like Adam Morrison weep on national television. We had a great evening of watching basketball in a cheezy chain restaurant near the hotel. As much as it hurt me to root for UCLA, I can't stand Gonzaga. You are the Bulldogs, bitches, not the "Zags". And Adam Morrison's white trash act bores me almost as much as JJ Redick's hetero act. Dude, we get it. You're "not gay".


So when Gonzaga completely collapsed and shat themselves on national television, and UCLA acted like they were in a knife fight, it made my day. Earlier, of course, Duke choked in marvelous fashion themselves, losing to LSU in a spectacular collapse of their own.

Before basketball I managed a 7.5 mile run at something over 10 minutes a mile. Nice and relaxed from here to Sea World and back. I saw no whales. But I did see six hippies doing yoga in the dirt next to the sewage outfall that is the San Diego River. Nice.

On a conference related note, it turns out that “Ethnic Constructs of Civil Conflict” doesn’t interest me much. Who knew?

I have decided that the Stone Brewery here in San Diego makes a decent ale. They go on the list, ok Al?

4 comments:

GVB said...

I'm simply shallow and meanspirited. Ask anyone.

Hugh G. Balls said...

I've noticed this too. It's very disconcerting to me!

GVB said...

And by the way, what the hell does the literature I prefer have to do with my extreme shallowness? What do I have to read to be deep and kindhearted? I don't get it.

Hugh G. Balls said...

I don't know, but I can certainly give you a reading list that'll save you from this sort of confusion in the future.