Thursday, March 16, 2006

Crimpin’ Ain’t Easy


After a marathon of grading student essays (average score 81%, I’m getting soft in SO MANY ways) I met Cap’n Ron at the gym for some tendon abuse and general silliness.

There are several new routes up, most of them HARD V1 and V2 stuff, and a couple of completely ridiculous V0 routes that are anything but V0.

(Hey, G, what the fuck is V0, V1, V2? Click here.)

With fresh arms I went straight for two routes that had been taunting me last time out, one a long roof climb with one long move near the top that I couldn’t quite do, and one traversing, crimpy route that I had a hard damn time even starting.

Both were much easier this time around, and the roof climb went down in one shot. I’m still missing one of the moves on the traversing route, but I’ll get ‘er on Sunday.

In other news, Cap’n Ron works too damn much.

In other other news, one of the girls from the Junior Climbing Team at the gym sent a nice overhanging V2 in her high heels. Bitch.

Next up, crying over my already destroyed NCAA bracket. I should not be allowed to gamble.

No comments: