Friday, March 31, 2006

In Hopeless Pursuit of The Skinny Chick

About a half mile into my 9 mile run on Thursday, the skinniest chick in the world ran past me and headed off down the trail. She then settled into a pace that kept her about 500 feet in front of me for a few miles. She certainly was aerodynamic. Normally, a woman running somewhere ahead of me is at least interesting in an appealing sorta way. But the Skinniest Chick in the World was more like a car wreck that I couldn't stop looking at. I have never seen a body without any shape before. One straight line from top to bottom. Weird. Of course, she eventually picked up the pace and disappeared into the forest. I think she was some sort of wood gnome or something...Turns out I don't like super skinny chicks. Put that on the list.

Anyway, the 9 went well. I don't have splits, but I did manage 9:40 overall, including a slow warm up mile and a slow cool down mile.

After engaging in a little retail therapy at REI (turns out Body Glide is a very important ingredient to my training regimen, Mrs. GVB was starting to notice the rapid consumption of the KY Jelly...) I joined Cap'n Ron for some tendon abuse at the climbing gym, where young people were "learning" to take lead falls.

After a powerless night onboard the boat (something is FUBAR with the AC power system, damn it) I am in the midst of a rest day, catching up on The Daily Show and half-heartedly prepping my spring classes, which are supposed to start on Monday. I'm hoping for a freakish spring snow day...

I found this picture today. Anyone recognize these idiots?

4 comments:

Hugh G. Balls said...

I realize, now, that you and FPP could put your heads together and make an ass of yourselves. I'm not far behind.

GVB said...

Get a hair cut like mine and you will see how close you really are, my friend.

I like to think about it in terms of aerodynamics.

BTW, have you heard from FPP? I keep wondering how long it will be before he is gunned down in Colombia for shagging the daughter of some revolutionary.

GVB said...

Oh, and BTW...where the FUCK was this photo taken. I seem to remember slumming somewhere on the upper west side...

Hugh G. Balls said...

The Bear Bar (which Mohney calls something else like a true non-native). And you can't call that a haircut, though it is aerodynamic. Call it a "buff."